Partitioning & Drywalling
Partitions & Drywalls are a fast and effective solution to create and / or divide interior spaces.
We offer a wide range of drywall partitioning solutions in Gauteng:
- Demountable Partitions
- Standard Drywalling
- 1hr Fire Rated Drywalling
- 2hr Fire Rated Drywalling
- Temporary Barrier Drywalling
- Glass Partitioning
- Moisture Resistant Drywalling
Glass (Windows / Doors)
Doors (Semi-solid / Wood / Aluminium)
Aluminium / Timber Skirting
Large Stud Systems
Drywall Partitioning Contractors in Johannesburg
We are among the leading drywall contractors in Johannesburg and service clients throughout Gauteng. Look no further for a drywall supplier and installer than Mpumelelo2.
What Is Drywalling?
In South Africa, partition or drywall is more easily recognisable as Rhinowall. Drywall is the process of installation of indoor walls without the use of bricks and mortar, making it very quick to install.
What is the purpose of drywalling?
Drywall is a construction material used to create walls and ceilings. It’s also used to create many design features, including eaves, arches and other architectural specialties. It’s quick and easy to install, incredibly durable, and requires only simple repairs when damaged.
Benefits of drywalling
- Versatility– Drywalls can be used in curved, suspended, arched, and other shaped designs according to the specific requirements of the clients. They can also be tiled, painted or plastered.
- Durability – Drywalls are extremely durable when used in the correct locations (indoors) and also come in soundproof, fireproof and waterproof formats. If constructed correctly, one can fix weighted objects such as mirrors, framed pictures and even TV monitors to drywalls, making them just as practical as a solid brick wall.
- Cost effectiveness– The material cost of drywalls is almost similar to that of using brick and mortar. However, because of the speed with which drywalls are installed, labour costs when compared to brick building may be substantially lower, which makes drywalling a highly cost-effective building method.
- Time– One of the biggest advantages of using drywall in domestic projects is the little time it takes to install when compared to brick walls. For example, if one constructs a single brick wall of 2.6m high and 4m long, plasters and paints it, it will take about 5 to 6 days to complete. A drywall with the same measurements will take only 1 and a half days.
- Convenience – Drywalling is a clean process when compared to brick and mortar construction. There is no need for strong foundations, there is no cement mixing on site, and installation is virtually dust-free. Moreover, the walls are very easy to remove, making them ideal for temporary structures in domestic environments where the future usage of a specific space is unsure.Non-Asbestos Fibre Reinforced Cement Board is made according to SANS 803 and has a medium to high density. It can be used both inside and outside.
Flat gypsum plasterboard must meet the standards set forth in the South African National standards (SANS 266). The thickness of the gypsum board must be either 6.4 mm, 9 mm, 9.5 mm, 12 mm, 12.5 mm, or 15 mm, depending on what is required by the specifications or the project scope. Mpumelelo2 designs, makes, and installs aluminium windows and doors, frameless glass doors, framed and frameless showers, partitions and semi-solid doors and windows which can be added to your standard drywall to create a room to your specifications.
Fire Retarded Drywalling
Gypsum, a component used in our fireproof drywall, is crystalline in structure and traps water molecules. If the temperature is below 80 degrees Celsius, the water will not flow. Until all of the water is gone, the gypsum will keep the wall from burning down or collapsing.
To make sure your home is safe in the event of a fire, we offer three distinct durations of our Fire Rated drywall system: One-hour Fire Rated Drywalling and Two-hour Fire Rated Drywalling. Adding glass fibres to the mix makes the drywall denser than regular drywall, which helps to retard the fire and delays the wall’s degradation in the event of a fire.
Moisture Resistant Drywalling
The core of moisture-resistant plasterboard is made from aerated gypsum with particular additives like silicone; the liners are made from durable impregnated green paper with an unprinted liner that is appropriate for application of all decorations.
Drywall boards that are resistant to water damage are essential in high-humidity locations like bathrooms and kitchens. The board is sealed against water damage by a wax paper with a characteristic green hue. Wax paper prevents water from penetrating the board. Water cannot penetrate the board due to the silicone coated core.
Temporary Barrier Drywalling
High Impact Plasterboard is made according to the latest edition of SANS 266:2003 Edition 2.2. It has an aerated gypsum core with suitable additions of fibreglass strands, unexfoliated vermiculite, and/or additives as per manufacturer specification that increase durability. It is bonded to durable paper liners with an unprinted liner that can be used for all kinds of decorations.
Glass partitions are a terrific addition to any office because they are aesthetically pleasing and functional. Glass partitions are frequently used in contemporary workplaces. These panels, as opposed to brick or drywall, let natural light into offices and conference rooms while keeping noise and activity contained.
Glass partitions provide numerous design options, as they can be installed in either a framed or frameless system. Door slides, hinge doors, and even window leaves or sliding windows can be added as needed. You may now have your very own glass partition made to your exact requirements by Mpumelelo2, a South African company known for its excellent service and high-quality products.
Mpumelelo2 is one of the most dependable installers of door handles, door locks, door hinges, bolts, hooks, and other iron accessories in South Africa. We work with a wide variety of specialists, including architects, builders, developers, and interior designers.
Frequently Asked Questions
The whole price of drywall installation, including materials, labour, and cleanup, is dependent on the size, and specifications needed.
Drywall, also known as plasterboard, sheetrock, rhinowall, or gypsum board, is available in a variety of types, including the regular, fire-retardant, moisture-resistant, and acoustic options.
Interior walls, especially in damp environments like bathrooms, kitchens, and basements, should be finished with plasterboard that can withstand moisture and mildew. Drywall boards with moisture-resistant cores are ideal for these regions because they prevent water and moisture from penetrating the board.
South African specifications require flat gypsum plasterboard (SANS 266) thickness must be 6.4 mm, 9 mm, 9.5 mm, 12 mm, 12.5 mm, or 15 mm, depending on the project.
DON'T JUST TAKE OUR WORD
It is with great appreciation that we have entered into our tenth year of business since the first contract at Caxton publishing. Thank you for outstanding service, quick response and great workmanship over this long association.